20th February, 2012

I managed to get out in the garden during half term break. I tidied up the front garden so not a lot of work was done on the veg plots, but then there is not so much to do yet.  Mind you the weather was quite mild and it was nice to be active and outside. The week before was not so good with a deep covering of snow.  Beautiful to wake up to though.



I pruned the apple and pear trees.  The apple tree was hard work using the extended loppers.
The raspberries were cut down and I continued to collect the leaves to make precious leaf mould.

The broad beans were planted out as they were getting quite leggy and flopping over in the greenhouse, so I decided to plant them outside even though the nights are still frosty.

The kestrel seed potatoes (and fertiliser) have arrived and have been set out in egg boxes in the cool conservatory for chitting.






The apples have stored very well. Most of them are pristine like this one.


No comments: